Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Eva's Boyfriend, Owen



Eva's best friend is the boy across the street, Owen. Here is a picture of them sharing Eva's chair this evening. "Sharing" is key there because unlike Owen, Eva is still not so cool about sharing, even with her precious Owen. Owen calls Eva "Annie". Not sure why but he does it enough that sometimes I find myself calling her Annie while he's around. Owen refers to himself as "Bubba" though so I guess it's fair. It is so much fun to watch them play and communicate with each other. I love it when another kid will take a toy from Eva and Owen will defend her honor demanding that the toy be given back to her. Of course, he's not above taking a toy from her himself once in awhile too :) Owen is always sweet with a smile on his face, however, he has more energy than any child I have ever seen in my entire life. He is running 24/7. He's fast too! His poor mom is expecting a new child this winter and I have no idea how his parents will deal if the new kid has half the enthusiasm. Eva is so obsessed with Owen and I wonder how they will feel about each other once the get into school and boys and girls don't hang out so much anymore. It would be funny if they went through an "I don't know you" phase considering the amount of time they spend together now!

No comments: