We decided to get away for a couple days to colonial Williamsburg again. Last time we tried this I was still pregnant with Jack and it was very cold and difficult to enjoy everything. This time the weather was beautiful!!! Although we all enjoyed the mini-vacation, it was not without it's... "incidents" you could say. The Governor's palace was very cool to check out but the tour guide was not so amused by Jack screaming in delight and drowning her out. We ended up leaving the tour early as a result of her death stares. No matter, the gardens and maze out back were more fun than she was anyway.

Eva made a friend named Maya and they picked flowers and ran around in this beautiful field for about an hour. Jack loved the grass between his toes and picking flowers as well...






We went to dinner where both the kids were being extremely uncooperative. I finally took Jack to the bathroom and discovered he had pooped but while I was changing his diaper, I also discovered that for the first time ever, I had run out of diapers! I cleaned him up and took him back to the table, hoping he didn't have to pee. I sat down and told Jared "I have bad news and I have worse news..." His already frustrated face fell as he listened, "Jack just had a pretty big poop explosion and now I am out of clean diapers. One of us is going to have to run back to the hotel." I said. "So, what, he's just free balling right now?" Jared asked. "Yep" I laughed. "Forget it, we're in colonial Williamsburg, let's do it old school" he replied, and with that he handed me a white linen napkin from the table.
So I took Jack back to the bathroom and fashioned the napkin around him the best I could. I want you to know this worked great. It was at least two more hours before we got back to the hotel and his pee was held in there just fine.
After that dinner ,we went on a ghost tour. I did manage to get some "orbs" on this photo of a haunted house but Jared and I think orbs are probably just bugs or something. Once, on a ghost tour in Edinburgh, Scotland's underground vaults, our tour was confronted with a loud banging sound on wood right over our heads for about two straight minutes. This was totally unexplained as we were in a stone tunnel under the street with no wood anywhere. It was wild and I always hope something cool like that will happen again. Regardless, ghost tours are a great way to learn about local history when you're visiting a city.

The big "orb" is on top of the bottom right window.
No comments:
Post a Comment